ICSC held its sixty- fifth session at the headquarters of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in Geneva from 9 to 20 July 2007. Just before the start of the session the Commission and members of its secretariat held a retreat to consider ways to further strengthen the Commission and to maximize its ability to support the General Assembly in guiding the common system. As part of its effort to strengthen partnerships with its stakeholders, the Commission also held a special meeting with representatives of the executive heads of Geneva-based organizations of the common system.
During the session, the Commission considered the following issues:
Review of the pay and benefits system:
- Modernizing and simplifying allowances – leave entitlements and language incentive;
- Monitoring of the pilot study of broad banding/pay-for performance (progress report);
- Education grant: review of the methodology for determining the grant.
Conditions of service of the Professional and higher categories:
- Evolution of the United Nations/United States net remuneration margin;
- Base/floor salary scale;
- Proposed agenda for the thirtieth session of the Advisory Committee on Post Adjustment Questions.
Conditions of service of the General Service and other locally recruited categories, inter alia:
- Survey of best prevailing conditions of employment at London;
- Survey of best prevailing conditions of employment at Geneva.
Progress report on the development of a Senior Management Network.
Implementation of decisions and recommendations of the International Civil Service Commission by organizations of the United Nations common system. Administrative and budgetary matters: proposed programme budget for the biennium 2008/2009.
Posted on 1 August 2007